Tuesday, July 2, 2013

My Kitchen Before and After


The kitchen was the biggest project we tackled in our house. It was so much work but we couldn't be happier with the way it turned out. It was good for me to go through a kitchen remodel as I now have a better understanding of what my clients go through when they do it. Because our house has such old bones I didn't want to stray to far from a classic kitchen. I wanted it to look like it could of been there forever but had some modern touches added. I've always been drawn to a black and white combo with marble so the kitchen was actually fairly easy for me to design. Yes, I fretted about many small decisions but the overall direction was an easy one for me.  It is still a work in progress. I have backsplash being installed in a couple of weeks and I still need to figure out the window treatments. I know both of those things will add a major impact to the space. 





There wasn't a bathroom on the main floor so we tucked one in the kitchen. We knew it was now or never with the remodel and I'm so glad we did it! It's itty bitty but it is cute! Below are the before pictures of the kitchen. 





2 comments:

  1. Love it, Meghan, and the powder room is adorable! Is that the Phillip Jeffries paper? If so, I was just looking at it for a client yesterday! Love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good eye Traci! It is indeed Phillip Jeffries!

    ReplyDelete