Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sex and the City 2 Set Design

Tuesday- June 29, 2010
I have been meaning to post on The Sex & the City set design for some time and am now getting to it. It was fun seeing the movie and not only seeing the fashion that was worn but also the interiors. Carrie's unique sense of style was translated very well into her home. The spaces had classic pieces with punches of color and unique patterns. I personally loved the line in the movie where she said " I'm cheating on fashion with furniture"
I really like the punch of color in the kitchen back splash. It makes for a nice transition from the dining room. I also like the large print on the dining chairs, mixed with the high lacquered dinging table.
A nice shot of the foyer. The chandelier is stunning!
Ahhh... the closet! What a beautiful shot! I think if I had Carrie's wardrobe I could probably live in here!
Love the graphic punch on the headboard fabric.
I always love spotting pieces that I recognize or have used before. I immediately recognized the secretary in the movie. The Hallings Secretary from Hickory Chair has been a favorite of mine for some time. The designer paired it with the Hunt Chair which is another great piece. Overall I loved Carrie's home and the use of pattern & color! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment