Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Great Room- Installation

Wednesday- February 3, 2010
I love my job! I love it for many reasons but one of the reasons is I get to meet wonderful families & help make their lives more beautiful! I have been working with the most adorable family & working on their great room. When I first met with them they had this large living room that they weren't using. They had a room full of furniture but it wasn't working for their needs. So, we worked on some floor plans, re-arranged the space, and identified new areas. Our new goal was to create a room that the whole family could spend time in. We broke the room into 3 areas. A relaxing area by the fireplace, another area to sit and watch t.v., and a third area for the kids to play while still looking pretty. The room had a very neutral base so we decided to add the accent of green & throw in some fun patterns in other areas.
A close up of the new pieces that we just delivered! I love the fun patterns but the green game table is the best accent! We were able to pick a Benjamin Moore paint color and they matched the table to it! This young family wanted an area they could have game night, color, & play!
The view looking the other way in the room.
The couple had great artwork to work around and use in the room. It is a wonderful way to bring color into the space. I love the story the day I accessorized the bookshelves. The kids came home and loved the monkeys. In fact I think they said, "Mom, we have to keep the monkeys!" How cute and personal for them!

Another view looking into the room which shows off the accent of green in the space! I think this room has a nice energy of family fun, while still being very sophisticated!

No comments:

Post a Comment