Thursday, March 31, 2011

Custom Table

Believe it or not once in a while I can't find a piece of furniture I'm looking for. We have wonderful resources at The Mansion with very diverse options. But once in a while I'm looking for a particular style and can't seem to track it down. This recently happened to me. A client of mine feel in love with the coffee table in the picture above. She saw it in a movie and decided this would be the perfect coffee table for her house. I was able to find the brand but it was discontinued. After weeks of searching I couldn't find another table or one similar anywhere. The other problem is we couldn't find one that was the size we needed. So, what's a designer to do? I'm sure not going to tell someone NO! So, we had it custom made. The Mansion has a few options for this. We have a few companies that can custom make furniture to our specifications. I've done this many times and it works great! For this particular project we decided to have it made locally. A very talented trim carpenter built this for us. We then went to a local granite supplier and picked out the marble slab to go on top. It's a beautiful piece of furniture and works out perfectly for this house! Here's our result:


2 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I love it! Good job not giving up-the end result was well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mal! The table is stunning in person!

    ReplyDelete