Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Inspiration

Thursday January, 14 2010


I have been thinking about this post all week! Mainly because I am living through a cold winter and long to go back to this beautiful place. As I have been saying all week, Turquoise is one of my favorite colors. I think partly because this color brings me to beautiful places, memories, & treasures. I love the ocean and all the wonderful things that go along with it. The warm sun, beautiful waters, & the wonderful sea treasures. I sometimes wonder why I don't live by the sea as I get such a wonderful, peaceful feeling that I can't find anywhere else. To me there is nothing better than waking up and going for a walk on the beach and of course collecting a sea shell or two. So for me personally when I see turquoise it brings back all these wonderful feelings for me.

The way Pantone describes this color of the year is so right when they say " Turquoise inspires thoughts of soothing, tropical waters and a comforting escape from the everyday troubles of the world, while at the same time restoring our sense of well being. Wether envisioned as a tranquil ocean surrounding a tropical island or a protective stone warding off evil spirits, Turquoise is a color that most people respond to positively. It is universally flattering, has appeal for men and women, and translates easily to fashion and interiors. " So you really can't go wrong with this color.


Today's post is a very special one to me as it was my Honeymoon. David & I were married in September and took the most fabulous honeymoon to the islands of Turks & Caicos. We stayed at the most wonderful boutique hotel, The Gansevoort. The islands had the most amazing food and we enjoyed the incredible waters! So please enjoy the photos from our trip and the inspiration I found from the adventure! The picture above is the view of the pool out to the ocean at this wonderful place.
This was our walk to the beach everyday! Not too bad!
The interiors at The Gansevoort were wonderful! Our room was amazing!
One of the many outdoor lounges! Why not combine turquoise with the other hot color Orange!

The two above pictures are from our room! Every detail & amenity at The Gansevoort was superb!

The wonderful restaurant, Bagatelle's, was one of the many great restaurants on the island.
David & I on our deck after a wonderful evening out. Thought I would share this one in my turquoise dress.
This was were we sat everyday. It was great for us because it was their down season so it was no problem getting these wonderful lounges everyday! It was so relaxing to watch the sunset!
One of the days we took our rented car to wandering roads and came across this secluded beach with fantastic views. The houses were amazing as you can kind of see in this picture. I wanted to go take a tour!
I took this picture in the lobby of another hotel & restaurant. I loved the application of the skirt under a traditional table. What a lovely desk!
I loved this sculpture and might need to re-create one at some point!
David & I as we embark on an amazing snorkeling adventure. We were toured around to different areas & snorkeled in the 3rd largest coral reef in the world! It was amazing but I was a little scared, especially when I saw a barracuda that I thought was a shark!
Here I am wandering the sea. ( I'm sure I was trying to find a treasure!) I love collecting sea shells and the beauty nature creates by the water! I came home with a pretty good collection of Conch shells as David can attest carrying them through the airport. I love seeing the vast amount of beautiful water in this picture.
My wonderful husband and his catch of the day! Our snorkeling guide caught this barracuda with a single hook, some fishing line, and his bare hands!
I'll leave you with one final image. This is the view that we began & ended each day! I hope you have a wonderful day while you imagine the ocean breezes!

No comments:

Post a Comment